1. Subject to the conditions of warranty set out in point 2 below, the Seller (Ignite 21 Pty Ltd T/A The Shower Dr) warrants that if any defect in any workmanship or product supplied by the Seller becomes apparent and is reported to the Seller; within seven (7) years; the Seller will either (at the Seller’s sole discretion) repair the defect or replace the workmanship.
2. The conditions applicable to the warranty given by point 1 above are:
(a) the warranty shall not cover any defect or damage which may be caused or partly caused by or arise through:
(i) failure on the part of the Buyer to properly maintain any goods; or
(ii) failure on the part of the Buyer to follow any instructions or guidelines provided by the Seller; or
(iii) any use of any goods otherwise than for any application specified on a quote or order form; or
(iv) the continued use of any goods after any defect becomes apparent or would have become apparent to a reasonably prudent operator or user; or
(v) fair wear and tear, any accident or act of God.
(b) The warranty shall cease and the Seller shall thereafter in no circumstances be liable under the terms of the warranty if the workmanship is repaired, altered or overhauled without the Seller’s consent.
(c) In respect of all claims the Seller shall not be liable to compensate the Buyer for any delay in either replacing or repairing the workmanship/goods or in properly assessing the Buyer’s claim.
3. The warranty does not apply if;
(a) the shower is affected by any structural movement however caused;
(b) any damage is caused to the area treated by neglectful, intentional or accidental acts;
(c) the treated area has been used for other activities contrary to its designed purpose intentional or otherwise;
(d) there are latent defects within the premises in reasonable proximity to the treated area at the time of, or which become apparent subsequent to, application of the product,
(e) an alteration or replacement of any fixture or fittings is undertaken subsequent to the original application of the product which in anyway detrimentally affects the treated area;
(f) any plumbing or repairs have subsequently detrimentally affected the treated area;
(g) any tiling problems or quality of the tiles arises which in anyway detrimentally affect the treated area;
(h) works are completed by person or persons other than the Seller or the Sellers agent, which detrimentally affect the treated area, after the application of the product; and
(i) the source of the leak is incorrectly diagnosed by person or persons other than the Seller or the Sellers agent before or after the application of the product; and
(j) any pre-existing or subsequent tiling problem, relating either to the adherence of the tiles or the inherent quality of the tiles, arises which detrimentally affects the treated area; and
(k) a moulded shower or bath moves away from the walls
(l) the shower has been used within forty eight hours prior to service and the shower has been used within twenty-four hours after service, or as otherwise instructed by the Seller.
4. The warranty does not cover
(a) the appearance of the shower; and
(b) staining or discoloration over time directly or indirectly as a result of cleaning products; and
(c) variations in thickness or product application due to initial placement of tiles.
5. For goods not supplied by the Seller, the warranty shall be the current warranty provided by the manufacturer of the Goods. The Seller shall be under no liability whatsoever, except for the express conditions as detailed and stipulated in the manufacturer’s warranty.